Evening meal, Mona Lisa, Italian restaraunt
Glen Road, Laxey, Isle of Man, IM4 7AB.
About 15 minutes walk from the event Hall the Institute
(After the campsite but before the harbour)
LBW Evening Meal, Sunday 31st July
More people will have arrived Sunday 31st July evening. La Mona Lisa can take us all in one go.
However there are no food deliveries to this restaraunt on Sundays.
They need to know in advance what food and how many people to cater for. We must help them.
Due complexity of their menus I have written them here with a simple number system on the left.
So make it simple by Emailing the numbers only to firstname.lastname@example.org
example: Email subject – La Mona Lisa on Sunday 31st July, Email text – menu, 6, 25, 77.
1. Pane all’aglio, Our freshly baked garlic pizza bread made from a traditional Italian recipe and served with a side of our famous chilli sauce
2. Pane all’aglio con pomodoro, topped with tomato sauce
3. Pane all’aglio con mozzarella, topped with mozzarella cheese
4. Olive Marinate Aperitivio, Marinated large pitted olives with homemade bread
5. Zuppa del giorno, Home made soup of the day served with bread and butter
6. Gnocchi Fritti, Deep fried dough bites served with our garlic mayonnaise
7. Bruschetta, Vine ripened tomatoes marinated with garlic and herbs, served on toasted bread
8. Pate della casa, Homemade chicken liver pate served with our red onion marmalade and toasted bread
9. Crostini con Formaggio di capra, Baked goats cheese on toasted ciabatta with red onion marmalade and pesto drizzle
10. Torta di Pesce, Homemade fishcakes served with our lemon mayonnaise
11. Antipasti Mona Lisa, Selection of Italian meats served with roasted red peppers, artichokes, marinated olives,parmesan shavings and homemade bread
12. Gamberoni piccanti, King prawns with garlic, chilli and white wine, served with our homemade bread
13. Margherita Tomato and mozzarella – the base for all our pizzas
14. Funghi with mushrooms
15. Prosciutto with ham
16. Tropicale with ham and pineapple
17. Quattro Stagioni with mushroom, olives, ham and artichoke
18. Fiorentina with spinach, onion, mushroom and egg
19. Napoli with anchovies, capers and oregano
20. Pepperoni with spicy Italian sausage (Pepperoni)
21. Cosa Nostra with onion, pepperoni and garlic
22. Vegetariana with mushroom, onion, peppers, spinach, artichokes and olives
23. Gabibbo with salami, mushroom, ham and garlic
24. Muratore with goats cheese and sundried tomatoes, topped with rocket
25. Inferno with pepperoni, salami and chillies (Hot!)
26. Marinara with prawns, queenies and mussels
27. Mona Lisa with a little bit of everything (No seafood)
CALZONE, (Folded pizza with tomato & mozzarella baked in the oven)
28. Vegetariana with mushroom, onion, peppers, spinach and olives, topped with garlic butter
29. Barese with pepperoni and ham, topped with bolognese sauce
30. Kiev with chicken and spinach, topped with garlic butter
31. Piccante with pepperoni, onion and chilli, topped with our spicy tomato sauce
32. Leonardo with chicken, ham and mushroom, topped with our homemade pesto
33. Starter, Penne Arrabbiata, Garlic, chilli and tomato sauce
34. Main, Penne Arrabbiata, Garlic, chilli and tomato sauce
35. Main only, Lasagne al Forno, Traditional homemade meat lasagne
36. Main only, Cannelloni Vegetariani, Cannelloni filled with ricotta cheese and spinach in a béchamel and tomato sauce
37. Starter, Spaghetti Bolognese, Traditional Italian bolognese combining both beef and pork mince with tomato sauce
38. Main, Spaghetti Bolognese, Traditional Italian bolognese combining both beef and pork mince with tomato sauce
39. Starter, Spaghetti Carbonara, Pancetta, egg, parmesan and cream
40. Main, Spaghetti Carbonara, Pancetta, egg, parmesan and cream
41. Starter, Penne Pasticciata, Spinach, mushrooms, cream and bolognese
42. Main, Penne Pasticciata, Spinach, mushrooms, cream and bolognese
43. Starter, Penne Pesto e pollo, Chicken and mushrooms in a pesto cream sauce
44. Main, Penne Pesto e pollo, Chicken and mushrooms in a pesto cream sauce
45. Starter, Tagliatelle Veneziana, Fresh Manx queenies, pancetta and tomato sauce
46. Main, Tagliatelle Veneziana, Fresh Manx queenies, pancetta and tomato sauce
47. Starter, Spaghetti Frutti di Mare, Fresh Manx queenies, prawns, mussels, garlic, white wine and tomato sauce
48. Main, Spaghetti Frutti di Mare, Fresh Manx queenies, prawns, mussels, garlic, white wine and tomato sauce
49. Starter, Penne Carne Arrabbiata, Strips of Manx beef, chilli, garlic, olives and tomato sauce
50. Main, Penne Carne Arrabbiata, Strips of Manx beef, chilli, garlic, olives and tomato sauce
RISOTTO (Northern Italian rice dish)
51. Starter, Risotto Montanara, Arborio rice with chicken, peppers, goats cheese and a touch of cream
52. Main, Risotto Montanara, Arborio rice with chicken, peppers, goats cheese and a touch of cream
53. Starter, Risotto Mediterraneo, Arborio rice with garlic, fresh Manx queenies, prawns and tomato sauce
54. Main, Risotto Mediterraneo, Arborio rice with garlic, fresh Manx queenies, prawns and tomato sauce
SECONDI (Second course, different types of meat)
55. Pollo Milanese, A lightly bread- crumbed chicken breast, drizzled with fresh lemon juice, served with chips and our house dressed salad
56. Pollo Parmigiana, Chicken breast with tomato and parmesan, served on a bed of spaghetti
57. Pollo Mona Lisa, Chicken breast filled with ham, asparagus and béchamel sauce, served with chips and our house dressed salad
58. Pollo Caprese, Chicken breast with pancetta, garlic, tomato and mozzarella, served with chips and our house dressed salad
59. Spezzatino d’Agnello, Slow cooked Italian lamb stew with garlic and rosemary, served with homemade potato gnocchi
60. Salmone della Casa, Oven baked fillet of fresh salmon with lemon butter, served with chips and our house dressed salad
61. Spigola di Bari, Pan-fried fillet of fresh seabass, served with chips and our house dressed salad
62. Bistecca di Manzo, An 8oz Ribeye steak cooked to your liking, served with chips and our house dressed salad
63. Costata di Manzo, An 8oz Sirloin steak cooked to your liking, served with chips and our house dressed salad
64. Filetto di Manzo, An 8oz Fillet steak cooked to your liking, served with chips and our house dressed salad
65. Pepe Nero – brandy and peppercorn cream sauce
66. Diana – mushroom, red wine and mustard cream sauce
CONTORNI (side dishes)
67. Patatine Fritte, Portion of chips
68. Insalata di Pomodori e Cipolla Rossa, Fresh vine tomato and red onion salad
69. Insalata Mista, Mixed salad leaves with fresh vine tomato, cucumber, carrot and red onion
70. Insalata Rucola con parmigiano, Rocket lettuce with parmesan shavings and a balsamic drizzle
71. Tiramisu della casa, The Italian Classic – layers of ladyfinger biscuit soaked with Di Saronno amaretto and espresso, topped with mascarpone and cream.
72. Crème Brulee, A classic dish of rich chilled custard, topped with a crisp layer of caramelised sugar.
73. Profitteroles alla Cioccolata, Delicious choux pastry buns, filled with fresh dairy cream and topped with chocolate sauce and even more fresh dairy cream!
74. Torta di formaggio e Fruta, homemade, light, deep filled, dairy cream cheesecake, with mascarpone cheese, on a biscuit base and topped with fruits,served with fresh dairy cream or vanilla ice-cream.
75. Cioccolata paradiso, Dark chocolate sponge layered with a wickedly rich chocolate sauce. Warning! Only for chocaholics, served warm with fresh dairy cream or vanilla ice cream.
76. Torta Soffice al Caramello, A traditional sticky toffee pudding, served warm with homemade toffee sauce and vanilla ice cream.
77. Sorbetto, Orange or Lemon – a perfect refreshing end to a meal.
78. Gelato, Vanilla or Chocolate – Or how about some of both!
Full details and full menus
La Mona Lisa, Glen Road, Laxey, Isle of Man, IM4 7AB.
Our photo from May 2014